Ever since living in South Africa while pursuing his Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Ezra has gotten a thrill out of finding and exploring new and beautiful places. And if they’re off the beaten path, all the better. In high school, one of his hobbies was taking walks on the school grounds looking for hidden alcoves in the gardens or a path onto the roof just to watch the sunset. He quickly garnered a reputation for his wanderlust among his friends and family and was suddenly in charge of planning all the family vacations and being called upon by his friends’ to help pick out destinations for all kinds of trips – a quiet weekend to a boisterous bachelor’s party. Fast forward to 10 years later, after the Covid pandemic made everybody reevaluate the saying: “If you do what you love, then you never have to work a day in your life” and lots of impassioned meetings with Gloria & Isaac who had been friends of his for years and Ezra finally decided to make a business out of his passion.
Ezra’s vision for Footprints is to show everybody who comes through the door to book a trip with Footprints just how wide and wild and wonderful our planet can be when you take the step on a journey to see what’s out there.
Education & Credentials:
- BCom Computer Science & Information Systems, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University.
- Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) A-Levels – St. John’s College, Johannesburg.
- Uganda Ordinary Level Certificate of Education – St Mary’s College, Kisubi.
- IT Skills: Highly proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Database Management
- Programming languages: Proficient in C#, C++, Java, and ASP.NET, Delphi, SQL
- Languages: Excellent in English (written and spoken), conversant with French
- Well-developed analytical, numerical and problem solving ability honed during two years of studying Engineering.
- Communication: Excellent oral and written communication skills gained through a life-long passion for reading and writing. Excellent interpersonal communication skills gained through acting as a go between while holding positions of leadership throughout high School, University and as Project Manager on various I.T projects during IT career.