Gloria loves getting to know people. And she firmly belives that this is best done as an immersive experience. Not simply by having a conversation with one person, but by visiting the places they love and adore, learning about their history and culture and most importantly engaging them within their own spaces. Over a 20 year career mainly focused on building, maintaining and growing a group of companies into a multi-million dollar enterprise, Gloria has proven that her passion for people and her ability to be a critical, level headed thinker and problem solver translates into being able to create solutions and build consensus. Because of this she has been invited to serve on numerous Boards and has garnered a reputation for her relationship and high level management management skills.
Above and beyond that Gloria has always loved to travel and originally started Footprints Travel Consultants in 2010 as an air ticketing agency because she was travelling so often – for work & leisure. Over the past decade, she has watched it grow and metamorph into what it is today – Footprints Safaris: a travel company aimed at provided an all round, fully packaged, stress-free travel experience for it’s clientele so that they can focus on what matters most to them.
Professional Training And Experience Summary
- Accounting and Economics
- Corporate Governance
- Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Sales and Business Administration
- Entrepreneurial coaching and mentorship
- Enterprise Growth and Development
Education And Related Certification
- Enhancing Entrepreneurial skills, Presto-World Bank Funded Program.
- BA (Hons) Accounting and Economics, South West Texas State University, TX, USA (Texas State University)
- Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE), Nabisunsa Girls School.
- Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE), Maryhill High School, Uganda.
- Board Chair & Managing Director: C&S Upholstery Ltd., Uganda. 1997 – Date
- Company Director: Carpet Stores, Kampala, Uganda. 2003-Date
- Company Director: Palm House Ltd., Uganda. 1999 – Date
- Board Chair & Managing Director: Footprints Travel Consultants Ltd., Uganda. 2010 – Date
Other Board Memberships:
Board of Trustees, Child Empowerment International, Seattle, WA 98119, USA. 2010-DATE
Board Member Uganda National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (UNCCI), Uganda 2018-Date
Board Member, Management Training and Advisory Council (MTAC), Kampala,